Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My gay Lowes experience

My company, Deluxe Design, has been going through a lot of changes. We are cleaning, reorganizing, updating our production layout, remodeling the show room, etc. I have taken the lead on many of the project, mostly because I love to build things and do, other than the usual. I have the honor of straightening the very crowded poster archive. these meant a trip to Lowes to buy a bunch of lumber and some other things we need. After doing a bunch of heavy lifting at one end loading up some lumber, I left the cart to find the rest of the list at the other end of the store.

My friend Nick who bought a house a year ago has been doing a bunch of work lately on his house and I said we should check out the kitchen area. Making a couple remarks implying we were looking "together" I reached to open a wine cooler as Nick said, "we could use one of those for when we have guest."

To which I replied proud and loud, "You mean for the big gay orgies we host?" as we turned the corner and some macho men were standing. As I looked down and noticed the half dozen rubber gloves I was carrying, I burst into laughter and blushed all the way across the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment